In accordance with Covid-19 guidelines all masses are closed to the public. However, our churches remain open for private prayer, mass is still offered and is available to join via webcam or on parish radio on 107.9FM
|Mon - Fri||
9.30am - preceded by the Rosary at 9am.
The current Parish Church,St. Michael’s (1960’s – )
The current Parish Church, St. Michael’s (above) was built in the 1960’s, to cater for a growing population in the town. It replaced the previous building, also known as St. Michael’s. Please contact the parish office for any enquiries you may have. St. Michael’s is located on the corner of Stanhope St and Stanhope Place on the east bank of the river Barrow. Work commenced on the original Parish Church in 1803 and it served as the Parish Church until September 1960. It was then demolished and replaced by a temporary wooden structure, which in turn was replaced by the current building. The current Church was officially opened in 1964.
Read more about St. Michael’s Parish Church.